Friday, January 15, 2010

Thanks but no thanks.

I could not make this stuff up if I tried.

Our gemelli just turned eight. And because I am a stickler for manners and a writer, the rule in our home is that gifts must be acknowledged before they are used.

Our thank you notes are formulaic: they must be at least three sentences of not fewer than five words. One of The Pinks, who shall remain nameless but who is referenced further in this post, tried to use Peace Out Sucker as a closing. You can imagine what I told her as I laughed until tears ran down my cheeks.

Tori wrote this note to our nanny. Fortunately Rosa does not have a computer and will never know that this piece of stellar writing existed, albeit briefly. When Tori and I reviewed this note and discussed the reasons it might not be appropriate to send, she tried to convince me that honesty was the best policy.

Oh my.

4 comments:

Polka Dot Moon said...

I can not tell you how hard it is to type this as I can not see the screen from the tears streaming out of my eyes!!!! And my cheeks hurt ;)

You could write a book my friend!!

The innocence is precious.
Denise

Neeracha T. said...

I loved the notes I got - Peace indeed! At least I know they liked my gift ;)

Sara said...

I laughed SO hard & then shared your post w/Jackie. She too thought it was hilarious! I won't be showing it to Kate as I don't want her getting any ideas. ;-)

Michelle said...

Thanks for the laugh! LOVE HER!!!!!