Tuesday, January 12, 2010

It's ski race season!

Tori had her first ski race of the season on Saturday. She was the fastest one in her group. Sadly, she forgot all about the gates so you can imagine the end result. Live and learn.

Dave joined The Olympic Club downhill ski team this year and his first race was Saturday at Northstar. He did great -- finishing 4th out of sixty.

After the races we had dinner with the extended Farley clan at the beautiful log-style home they rented on the other side of the valley. They put together a great dinner and there was lots of space for the kids to run around. It was a really nice night and also a treat to leave The Village, which we don't often do during ski season.

Tori wasn't much in the mood to train with her team Sunday so she, Paris and I skied with my brother and his five-year-old, who I affectionately refer to as The Blond Bombshell. She has creamy skin, blond curls and big blue eyes.

It's been a long time since I skied with my brother and I wish I'd had my Flip instead of my digital camera. He skis like the boards are a natural extension of his legs. It was fun watching him ski backwards spotting The Blond Bombshell. Here's a rare picture of the two of us. He has somehow taught The Blond Bombshell to put on her own boots and carry her skis. I have some work to do with Tori.

Tori is happiest when barreling down the mountain at full speed and we all had a blast together. That the skies were blue and the temps in the 40s was just a bonus.

No comments: