Sunday, May 30, 2010

Lucky Seventeen!

Seventeen years ago today Dave and I got married in a torrential rainstorm. The last time it rained in the Napa Valley on May 30 was 99 years prior.

"They" said that it's good luck if it rains on your wedding day. "They" said that it means you'll have lots of children. We laughed. And moved our outdoor winery wedding into the cellar. It was more intimate than we'd anticipated but the end result was the same -- we got hitched.

Apparently "they" were right as we've had three children together, something I would never in my wildest dreams have imagined. It's been a heck of a ride and I'm glad Dave and I are in this together.

Happy anniversary, Sweetie. You are truly my better half and I am grateful for you every single day.

Friends and Family -- any memories to share from this day?


5 comments:

Tristan said...

A very Happy Anniversary!! 17 years is definitely something to celebrate!

thomsinger said...

It was one great wedding. I was proud to be part of it, and 17 years later I am still proud to be your friend and business partner. You guys are wonderful.

Polka Dot Moon said...

Happy Anniversary! I dont' think either of you have aged one bit!!!

Wishing you many more years of happiness.

Anonymous said...

As MOB I have more stories than will fit in this post, but here are a few. The caterer substituted raspberries in the salad because the rain washed out all the fresh tomatoes. And in spite of the rainstorm and the delay in starting the ceremony, the bride took it all in stride and looked beautiful. Here's to many more Happy Anniversaries, Les and Dave.

Anonymous said...

I second the MOB comments. Despite the rain it was a wonderful, memorable day that I can't say enough how honored I was to be a part of it. Happy 17!