Saturday, January 24, 2009

This quilt will be the death of me.

The countdown is on. The class auction project quilt has to be done by February 2. I managed to leave it up at Tahoe after Christmas, thus losing a week of vacation time to work on it. I've been DVRing random trashy TV shows to force me to sit on the sofa and hand applique twenty little handprints. (What was I thinking?!) Finally I finished.

I promised Dave sexual favors if he'd drop the quilt at The Quilting Company so Janna could stitch the front to the middle to the back. Once Janna's done, hopefully in a few days, I have another five hours ahead of me personalizing each house and binding it.

It's going to be close ...

5 comments:

Kelly said...

It looks cute Leslie. Knowing you, it will get done, perfectly.

Kathy B! said...

You are a glutton for punishment!

And I'm sure it will be nothing short of perfection.

You'll feel really good when it's done!

Paige said...

All he had to do was drop it off for favors? I'd make him finish it AND do the handprints for that! I can't wait to see the finished product. It's truly gorgeous.

Paige said...

And yes I found the computer with internet connection downstairs by the fire at the lodge and it's blizzarding outside and the kids are in the room with my dad and I'm in heaven!!!

Polka Dot Moon said...

WOW! Fabulous quilt Leslie! And I agree with your friend Paige :)