Saturday, January 10, 2009

Free to Bee You and Me

It's another exciting Saturday night. I'm on the cushy leather sofa at Tahoe watching Bee Movie with Eldest Daughter and Thing 2, who came up here with me this weekend. On the floor we've also got Yasmin and Sitara, our neighbors, and Kymi and Kames, our friends from Oakland who came up here with us this weekend. Kymi's husband Bryan is driving up now; he had to work today. It's been fun to have Kymi here; she and I laugh about the same things and she's very low key and self sufficient. She also thinks it's okay to put your pajamas on before dinner, thankfully!

The skiing was very spring-like today. Blue skies and temps in the 40s. I thought the kids would tell me that it was a great day on the mountain but no, their reaction was the same as the days they skied in the storm: pretty good day, Mom. I guess I'm the only sunshine snob?

There are a lot of people here this weekend. The Village was quite busy apres ski. Also the first race of the season was today but not the Pinks' teams. I loved watching the kids go through the slalom course. It seems steep and fast from the bottom. I'd only seen this on TV before and of course done it myself on Wii Ski. I also saw a 12 or 13-year-old ski up a blue run. At a clip faster than I could have walked it! There is some amazing talent on this mountain.

It's strange being up here with only two of three Pinks. I keep looking over my shoulder for Thing 1. Home tomorrow.

1 comment:

Paige said...

Sounds divine. Would love to have thing 1 spend a weekend with us! Sunshine snob is the only way.