Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Taskmaster. Taskmistress?

I had last week off work and it seemed to me that Bat Mitzvah preparations took up a significant chunk of that time.

My gas-guzzling week included trips to Aaron Brothers, the San Francisco Flower Market, Flax, Nordstrom (x3), the post office, Richard's, Target, Cost Plus, Cheesecake Factory, Crate & Barrel, At the Candy Shop, Costco, Party City, Levy's Bagels, Joann Fabrics, Beauty Source, Office Max and on and on.

The dining room continues to take on a life of its own.

My panic has subsided as I've methodically checked things off my list.

My Badgers were in the Rose Bowl so we had a crowd here New Year's Day. Dave made a deep friend turkey left. Melissa Danish, a UofO-bound high school senior and family friend, will be one of the party motivators at the Big Bash. She gave me some pointers and her mom helped me with some assembly projects during the ugly game. At least we didn't go to Anaheim to see it this time.

I still have a lot to do but the advance work is on schedule. This week's project: finding something for me to wear.

No comments: