Thursday, June 14, 2012

Clinging to childhood.

Paris just finished middle school so that means we now have a high schooler in the house.

This is a picture of her at the western-themed, school-sponsored promotion party. No, I don't think she's showing too much skin. She will never have as perfect a figure as she has right now.

I just came across our travel activity box on an upper shelf in the laundry room. It's a large Rubbermaid container filled with coloring books, small games, stickers, pipe cleaners, finger puppets and puzzles. It's been a few years since I opened it, and of course we are long past needing it. The contents of this box, which I continuously added to as I came across interesting activities, kept The Pinks busy on many a car and airplane ride. Now, of course, they occupy themselves with books, needlework and electronics. I must find a good home for this carefully curated collection of entertainment.

Tori and I reorganized her closet last weekend. Having custom built-ins was one of the best investments we made when moving here; it was easy to reposition hanging bars and shelves. We also transitioned from kiddie hangers to adult-sized ones.

No comments: