Monday, August 2, 2010

Rubby Ducky, you're the one!

Paris and I volunteered with Children's Hospital Oakland this week, prepping ducks for the annual Rubber Ducky Derby Fundraiser.

We did this in Frank Ogawa Plaza near City Hall. Is it pathetic of me to be honest and tell you that the best part was getting to know some other NCL moms and daughters and seeing a new part of Oakland?!

Sorting toiletries at Wardrobe for Opportunity, the previous day, was more rewarding. Perhaps because we got to see a few of the people the program benefits?

Did I mention that we also baked eight dozen cookies for Diablo Theatre Company and made a meal for Children's House this week? I guess I am a Type A after all.

Our summer sampler of philanthropic endeavors continues.

2 comments:

Tristan said...

I love all the awesome things you do with your daughter! You are awesome!

Polka Dot Moon said...

What great life lessons & experiences!