Saturday, July 11, 2009

I blinked and 20 years had gone by.

This weekend I met up with Jeff, a friend I previously blogged about, that I had not seen in more than 20 years. Facebook enables these things.

I wasn't nervous about catching up with him and meeting his family -- I was excited and also thrilled to show off my own family. I was, however, a little surprised to see him waiting in the driveway for me. Did he think we got lost?!

As I guessed, his wife is sweet (and thin, damn those 86 marathons!) and their son is adorable. We really did pick up right where we left off.

We were going to get together for lunch somewhere random in the Napa Valley, where they were on their annual trip west visiting one of his college friends. Instead the friends invited us to their house in St. Helena so the kids could swim while we caught up. It was a perfect 80 degrees poolside and the six kids got along well. The friend turned out to be a well-known public figure, unpretentious and with interesting stories. It was just a nice afternoon.

How lucky was I?!

No comments: