Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Happy Birthday Thing 1 and Thing 2!

Seven years ago today our life changed in a big way. There I was at the hospital, on day 6 of my magnesium sulfate-induced stupor, when in waltzed my doctor, who looked at my most recent test results and deemed that THE TIME had come. It was close to 11p as I recall and she said, "How soon can Dave get up here?"

It's been a whirlwind ever since. I look at this picture and Eldest Daughter is being protective of Thing 1. Thing 2, true to herself, is thinking, "More bumps, Daddy. Bring it on!"

"They" say that that first year is a blur. Sadly, it was true. Fortunately the digital and video cameras have captured what our sleep-deprived brains have forgotten.

When we discovered that I was pregnant with the littlest pinks Dave said, "they're going to be the greatest thing that ever happened to us and a year from now, we're not going to be able to imagine life without them". He was right.

And so, on this day where we breakfasted at Country Waffles, then went for mani / pedis and had dinner with our extended family, I raise a proverbial glass to our gemelli, who make us laugh until we cry (and I try not to pee in my pants, remember, I've had three kids ...)

5 comments:

Kathy B! said...

Happy Birthday to your pinks! It sure flys by doesn't it?

Polka Dot Moon said...

Happy Birthday Girls :)

I remember that day too!

Neeracha T. said...

Happy Birthday Munchkins!!!

Caryl said...

Happy Birdie to them both!

Paige said...

I wouldn't wish twins on anyone, or trade mine for anything! I just want to pick up that happy Victoria dolly and give her a squeeze!