Friday, August 8, 2008

Pampering anyone?

A trip to Thailand would be incomplete without a day at the spa, which is exactly what we did.

The Mandara Spa at the Four Seasons Hotel is pretty much what you'd expect at a Four Seasons. However, it differed from other nice spas I'd been to in that they put us in a three-room suite, instead of moving us between individual treatment rooms. I indulged in a traditional Thai massage and facial. The massage was great. The facial was nice but I learned that I prefer American-style ones. Who knew? The petite masseuse delivered a punch given her body weight! The venue itself could not have been more beautiful, or more peaceful. I would have photographed every nook and cranny had I had the time! In fact, I would like to have moved right on in!

After our treatments we had tea in the lobby, and watched the Thai police and Secret Service agents prepare for President Bush's arrival, that evening, where he stopped en route to the Beijing Olympics.

No comments: