Thursday, February 5, 2009

I am present.

It's hard to live in the moment.

We all multi-task. We IM while on conference calls. We fold laundry while the supervising the kids in the bath. We talk on the phone while driving.

Recently I had the opportunity to do something that forced me to focus, to be really and truly giving my all to one task.

Ski racing.

For the 40 seconds it took me to complete the course, I was thinking of just that one thing: lean left and right to clear gates. It was awesome! I cannot wait to do it again. It was such a buzz, such a moment of pure simplicity, such an escape from my brain crammed full of to do lists.

In the interest of full disclosure, Thing 2 was four seconds faster than me and my dad was three. Also, it's a lot harder than it looks on Wii Ski.

3 comments:

Polka Dot Moon said...

I would still be at the gate! I'm sure that was quite a rush!

Celia Fae said...

Wow. That sounds really fun. Did you worry about breaking your leg and not being able to take care of your family? I would.

Please send me your address so I can send you your prize! celiafae@gmail.com

Kelly said...

Good for you!