Wednesday, September 24, 2008

And on a lighter note

Paige just did a great post on her definition of successful spousal gift giving. This is something I've been meaning to blog on for a while.

Let's review some of the things Dave has selected all by himself as gifts for me:
  • An ice cream maker with cookie cutters to make ice cream sandwiches
  • A trip to Las Vegas to see Elton John
  • An iPhone
  • A diamond solitaire necklace
  • A larger stone for my wedding ring (I didn't know I needed one but it was a great surprise.)
  • Diamond earrings, presented in Venice on our 10th anniversary. Why did we go to Venice for a long weekend? Because Dave asked me if I'd had any regrets during our marriage and I said that I wished we'd been on a gondola ride when we were in Venice the first time, even though the downpour was torrential that trip.
  • A gold M-shaped pin, presented on the thousandth day we were married
I've got it good. The man can shop. I love appliances and electronics as well as jewelry and he knows it.

This appliance thing is worth a true shout out. Appliances was supposed to be the focus of this post until I made a list and realized how good I have it in the bling department, too. I really like appliances. And I like being given appliances. I don't like doing the research on said appliances so this makes me even more grateful to receive them. KitchenAid Mixer. Hello Kitty Waffle Maker. Crepe Maker. Rice Cooker. Roomba. They are my friends.

I got him a trash compactor one year and I think he liked it. We needed it and I also had the cabinet retrofitted in our kitchen so there would be a place for it.

4 comments:

Paige said...

I like how you didn't know you needed a diamond! Of course you did.

Kathy B! said...

You are going to cause your DH to be a pariah among the other hubbies if this gets out to the men. He is setting the bar REALLY high. I think they frown on that.

Polka Dot Moon said...

He's a keeper! I must say that Chris has been very creative in the gift giving department.....I have no complaints!! Our 20th is in November.....can't wait to see what he comes up with :)

thomsinger said...

Yes, I have temporarily blocked access to your blog from Sara's computer.

I just gave her a gift certificate to William Sonoma for her B-day.

Granted, she said she needed new kitchen stuff, she loves to shop for kitchen gadgets (I hate it), she is picky as to what she wants (thus my picking things out could miss the mark on desired results) ...and I made sure it was a larger than normal dollar amount on the card so that she can shop like a pro. Thus I think it is what she wanted.

However, not sure, so to be safe, I wont let her read this post.