Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Back away, people.

Let me preface this post by saying that I'm having a great day. I've done some good work. I went to a professional group meeting over lunch. The speaker was engaging and relevant. Caryl Lyons is going to join my gym, which means we can spend more time together. Vanity Fair came in the mail. It's a perfect fall day in Northern California. I have lots to be happy about.

However, sometimes we need to put our big girl panties on and deal.

One of our neighbors drives very fast, much faster than one should drive in a neighborhood where children ride their bikes and walk to the bus stop. This morning she nearly ran over one of our kids and didn't even slow down; I think she didn't notice. Tonight I must confront her.

The youngest Pinks had an assembly yesterday. And something happened during the first five minutes of it which led the principal to cancel it. My children came home and told me that the principal yelled at them so that leads me to believe it was a behavior issue. Where is the communication to parents on this, showing the administration's side of the story? If there is no such message then I will just have to take my children's version of the story as the gospel. I sent off a note to her today, too. Surprise!

No, I do not have PMS.

2 comments:

Paige said...

LOVELOVE you on my side. Sometimes I like to just step back and learn how to do stuff from the master. I get upset about the wrong things and don't get upset about important things.

Grim Reaper can suck it.

Ron Hutzul said...

Big deep breath - One, two, three, four-five-six-seven-eight-nine-ten!!

WHAM!! That was "it" hitting the fan...

Regardless of why, "too-fast" drivers, or questionable administrators do what they do - we have to take action and seek remedies...