Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Because my father does.

I had a pretty idyllic childhood. The mother that had a balanced meal on the dinner table each night. Some religion. A little brother for me to initially hate and then finally love. A good dose of adventure.

Some great things I learned from my father:
  • To respect and protect the environment.
  • To stop and smell the roses. This picture was taken at Butchart Gardens, Vancouver Island, BC, 1987.
  • To let a moose have the right of way.
  • To shoot a pistol, a .22 and a shotgun.
  • To ride horses.
  • To cross country ski.
  • To be active with causes that matter to you.
  • To take the road less traveled.
  • To eat what you grow. I'm still working on that one. The green thumb must have gone to my brother.
  • To drive a five speed.

1 comment:

Postcards From The Hedge said...

Leslie: Let's plant tulips this year with thing 1 and thing 2! Jill

p.s. in pots, cheek by jowl so when they bloom they look like big bouquets - but last longer.