Wednesday, April 1, 2009

A Perfect Moment

The late Spaulding Gray described "a perfect moment". A perfect moment is when life is inexorably sweet and generally over before you can capture it on the teeny tiny camera on your overly tricked-out cell phones.

Here are a few examples of mine:

1. A year ago I was skiing by myself on a windless, cloudless day. The view of the lake was ethereal and I was struck at how lucky I was to be right there, right then.

2. Two years ago we were stuck at Tahoe an extra day and night when a blizzard came in. I had cabin fever so I put on my ski clothes, including helmet and goggles, and walked outside. I lay on my back on a bench outside the nearby pizza joint and caught snowflakes on my tongue.

3. It's the first taste of fresh peach ice cream in the summer.

Have you experienced this?

No comments: