Sunday, March 24, 2013

Green Apples

Every six weeks it's my turn to drive the dance carpool. This involves shuttling six girls from a class at one location to a second class at a different location. There is a half-hour and two miles between classes.

Since September I've taken this responsibility very seriously. Because of working mother guilt, I've given lots of thought to the snacks I bring. The first time I brought individual scoops of Ben & Jerry's. Another time I took the kids out for Slurpee's. A third time I lovingly baked Tollhouse cookies, which were still warm from the oven when served.

This time I brought green apples. Organic of course. The kids were just as happy with them as they were the over-thought tummy trash. They disappeared just as fast as did those chocolate chip cookies. Who would have thunk it?

No comments: