Sunday, January 27, 2013

I do not understand you.

Not you most likely. But some other people.

There are two people I interact with on occasion that I do not understand. Not them personally or their mission -- that is clear. I'm talking about their words. The way they string them together. The way their sentences are constructed. The what-I-perceive-are fragments to their speaking. I do not often understand what they are trying to get across.

Both of these people seem to get along in life just fine. One works. The other is philanthropic. I think it's my issue -- the way my brain is wired just does not decipher the way they communicate. So we remain friendly acquaintances, which is just fine with me.

Am I alone in this phenomenon?


1 comment:

Lynn said...

You are not alone. I am in the same situation with someone. My brain does not keep up. I hear rapid fire fragments. A conversation where I should have inside info, but feel completely in the dark. Huh??