Friday, October 26, 2012

The Library

I've worked in downtown Mountain View more than a year now. I still like the eclectic mix of shops and restaurants, and the feeling of being in the center of the technology universe.

Exactly one block from my office is the city library. My bad for not discovering it sooner. It adjoins a big grassy park and I've been taking advantage of both this fall.

Just this week I polished off a quick trashy novel and checked out the Steve Jobs autobiography. Now, instead of using Amazon 1-Click, I walk over to the library and check out or reserve the book I JUST MUST READ.

I'm having flashbacks to my childhood summers where I checked out as many books from the Orinda Library as they would let me and then holed up in my room devouring them.

I'm digging this adult version.

No comments: