Sunday, September 11, 2011

I'm glad Hillary lives in Singapore now.

Sort of.

Hillary is one of my college friends and she, her husband and her daughter moved to Singapore in July. They previously lived in Manhattan, where Hil has lived since college.

9/11 took a huge emotional toll on her. It took a toll on all of us but especially on those who lived and worked in New York City. She lived it. I watched it on TV.

I have been running on my treadmill, often while watching TV. On Friday I did not think I could finish my training program; I was tired and hot. But then, on the Today Show, came the disturbing footage of the Twin Towers collapsing and of the ensuing chaos. I completed my workout, running like I was there, running from the horrifying scene. I ran until I could no longer breathe.

So while I wish Hillary were still just a six-hour flight from me, I'm glad she will be spared the experience of rehashing the horror in Manhattan.

We shall never forget.

No comments: