Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Better Butter

Nichole, an American photographer and copywriter, recently blogged about French butter. She did another post about it, too, with a beautiful photograph of its packaging. I am a sucker for good packaging.

David Lebovitz, my favorite former Chez Panisse pastry chef living in Paris, has blogged about French butter.

I like good butter. When we're traveling overseas I seek out high-end butter. I cook with good butter. When in Neeracha's refrigerator I discovered that she has a thing for good butter, too. Even though Jill and I haven't discussed it, I bet she belongs to this club.

Eating good butter on fresh bread gives me the chills. It lightly coats your tongue and does not sit, like lead, in your stomach.

To the store I go.

Sidebar: Nichole sells her beautiful Parisian photography on etsy. Search "little brown pen". I have several of her photos and have given many others as gifts. She organizes them by colorways, which make them easy to group in any room.


No comments: