Thursday, June 30, 2011

Bittersweet

I've just wrapped up a four-year consulting project. It's hard to believe the assignment went four years and also that those years passed so quickly.

I had lunch today with Heather, my client bookend. We worked on the project together, each having different stakeholders. I left lunch sad, having conveniently forgotten that the end of a client engagement also means saying goodbye to the people at the client. She became my real friend. We have a lot in common outside of work (same age, same twins plus one, same candor, same work experience) so I'm sure we'll stay in touch.

Next up is digging in on Triumph Dining, the company Dave, Bobby and I bought together. Triumph Dining is the publisher of restaurant and grocery guides for people who are gluten free, either by lifestyle choice or by allergy. It's an interesting, growing market with a loyal following. Let me know what you think. Read our blog, subscribe to our newsletter and tell your gluten-free friends about us.

I'll also do some general tech consulting. I really do love my work and am fortunate to be able to make a living at it.

In the meantime I'm waist high in laundry and starting to think seriously about packing for Italy.


No comments: