Monday, March 28, 2011

The weekend I spent sitting down.

It was a weekend of culture in the 'burbs!

The little kids and I saw Danville Children's Musical Theater's Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory on Saturday afternoon. A few of our friends were in it and it was an adorable local production. It plays next weekend, too. You can buy tickets here. The sets were quite elaborate, the best I've seen in a small-town theater.

Saturday night Dave and I saw The Adjustment Bureau with some friends. The movie, even with Matt Damon, was mediocre. Fortunately the dinner we had at Rodney Worth's new Mexican restaurant, The Prickly Pear Cantina, was very good. I do wonder if the avocados in the guac were fresh, though. The consistency was much like the frozen kind we buy at Costco. I just love having a daughter old enough to babysit her sisters! I didn't realize what a Matt Damon fan I was until I thought back to all the movies I'd seen him in that I'd really enjoyed. The Talented Mr. Ripley is one of my all-time favorites. And who didn't like the Bourne Identity series? And Good Will Hunting?

On Sunday, after religious school and my niece's birthday party, Eldest Daughter and I saw Contra Costa Musical Theatre's Hairspray with our NCL group. Wow! This was an amazing performance, high energy with some gifted performers. I downloaded some of the music to my iPod as soon as I got home. Coincidentally, Paige's sister-in-law Aubrey is in it, and someone we know from synagogue is the drummer. (I've always thought this woman had incredible arms and then I found out why - she's a professional musician. How cool is that?!) This plays at the Lesher Center through April 16. Go see it.

After all this social activity I needed some time to myself. I made Ina Garten's Lemon Curd, which was the easiest version I've ever made. I used Meyer lemons and it was an Ina Garten recipe so of course it turned out divine. After all that stagnant time over the weekend I did a TRX class at the gym first thing this morning. From what "they" tell me, I'll regret it tomorrow.

4 comments:

Lynn said...

LOL! It will be the best thing you regret doing.

Paige said...

I want to come to trx with you! I saw that movie this weekend too, skipping out on the play. I kept expecting to see Morgan Freeman in a robe as "The Chairman." Also, who knew God only cared about NYC? I liked the movie! Limitless, not so much.

We are very very excited for skiing next week!

Postcards From The Hedge said...

so how are you feeling now? can you get down the stairs unassisted?

Amy said...

Okay just reading this after a long day. Tory had her lunch out and a mason jar filled with what looked like lemon curd. I asked - she said it was OJ and I was tired enough to agree. Then I read this and now I wonder which it was? Too funny!