Friday, June 11, 2010

Burn Baby Burn

The Pinks are out of school for the summer. Without launching into all that mushy stuff or my dual anxiety and joy of them being on the loose, I'll just share one thing with you:

On the last day of school, every year, I have an overwhelming urge to burn their backpacks. Literally. I want to light the outdoor fireplace and watch those worn fabric ties of academic bondage and homework headaches turn into flakes of black ash and soar upward into the sky.

Am I a freak?

5 comments:

Nortorious said...

Do it! Do it! End the academic oppression!

Polka Dot Moon said...

I'm right there with you and now singing "Disco
inferno"!!

Polka Dot Moon said...

P.S. we've been out of school for only 2 weeks and just received our letter today regarding who Jackson's 3rd Grade Teacher is!!! Here we go....

Tristan said...

I'm with Nor, DO IT! And then take video and post it here!

Ron Hutzul said...

Yes - but not because of that urge - I totally understand it! Thankfully, Robbie is so hard on his gear, he spares us the trouble - by the end of the school year, his backpack has been kicked, dragged, dropped, tossed around and shoved into a barely-there tattered bundle of fabric scraps...

It's all we can do to get it over the trashcan before it gives up in a puff of disorganized and wrinkled papers and notes that should have made their way to us months ago...

Thank God he's in college now!