Thursday, November 5, 2009

My treat.

While trick or treating with the kids Saturday night, my neighbor Jill lent me a book.

It's called The Most Beautiful Villages of the Dordogne. Oh my.

It's pure eye candy. Medieval villages perched on cliffs. Undulating hills and warm limestone valleys. Have you even heard of the Dordogne? It's not an especially popular tourist destination, at least for Americans. But in addition to stunning scenery, it offers some of the best food in France including truffles (yum!) and fois gras (not my thing). Did I mention I'm going to the village at right, Beynac, in April?

Perhaps 15 years ago Dave and I took the Glacier Express from St. Moritz to Zermatt. Since then I've thought that the Swiss Alps are the most beautiful place on the planet. We'll see if I still believe this after visiting the Dordogne.

No comments: