Saturday, August 8, 2009

Sara's Chocolate Chip Cookies

It's been a while since I posted a recipe. My friend Sara sent me this one, promising it was the best chocolate chip cookie recipe ever. I have to admit, even though Crisco creeps me out, it's my current favorite. Enjoy.

1/3 cup Crisco - room temp.

1/3 cup unsalted butter – room temp.

½ cup brown sugar

½ cup granulated sugar

1 egg

1 t. vanilla extract

1 & ¾ cups flour

½ t. salt

½ t. baking soda

12 oz. bag of choc. chips (I used milk chocolate)

½ to 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)

Preheat oven to 375F.

Mix the shortening, butter, sugars, egg and vanilla thoroughly. In a separate bowl, blend the flour, salt and baking soda. Mix into the wet ingredients then stir in the chocolate chips and nuts.

Round a T of dough into a ball, then press to slightly flatten it on an ungreased cookie sheet. I used a Silpats.

Bake 10 to 12 minutes. Cool for 5 mins on the cookie sheet before devouring. Makes about 18. Package and deliver to friend who just had Baby #3 or keep at home and hide from children and husband.

No comments: