Thursday, August 20, 2009

I am not interested in your pecker.

On Saturday night we went up to the wine country and had dinner with some friends. There, at the very nice restaurant, it happened again.

I walked to the ladies room and, as I approached it, the door to the men's room swung open. Although I quickly averted my eyes, I was not fast enough to avoid seeing a man taking care of business. Fortunately his back was to me. What do the feng shui experts have to say about the urinal being positioned in full sight of the open doorway?

The other thing that happens, fairly often considering how little time I spend at places with public restrooms, is that I see men walking out and adjusting their zippers. Why wouldn't they do this while still inside? And wouldn't you think they'd do this before they washed their hands?

Surely I am not the only one this happens to!! My new strategy: read email on iPhone while entering and exiting the loo.

3 comments:

Polka Dot Moon said...

Eewwww........

Second post I've read today regarding public restrooms!

Paige said...

I don't think they wash their hands. My brain is still reeling from the sports page. I need to post about it.

Ron Hutzul said...

...because secretly, all men are exhibitionists...

and since it's pretty likely it was a man who either designed, supervised construction or conducted the inspection of said "loo" layout, the explanation is just that simple...