Thursday, January 15, 2009

Sayonara Alex

I've been fretting about my hair. Not the looks of it itself but the people who tend to it, other than me.

First I was reunited with Amazing Alex. Then the salon where he works charged me an obscene amount of money to have my tresses highlighted by a junior colorist. I reached out to the salon owner with my concern and she rewarded me with an awkward voicemail message left by a receptionist. Since then I've been agonizing over whether I should still patronize the salon knowing I am absolutely at odds with their business practices.

Today the salon called to inform me that Alex has decided to just work from the San Francisco location and asked if they could schedule an appointment for me there. Definately not.

I'm happy that this decision was made easy for me although I know I would have done the right thing in the end.

It's been lovely, Alex. But we're through.

2 comments:

Kathy B! said...

Let the hunt for the new stylist begin! I don't envy you the journey...

Polka Dot Moon said...

It's not easy nor fun to find a new stylist. Good luck!