Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Free makeup anyone?

Now that I'm in my 40s I should wear makeup every day. But I don't. I doll up when I meet with clients face-to-face and also when I do video conference calls, which seems to be more days than not. But when we're at Tahoe, forget it. Days that I only work out, run errands and have no meetings? Absolutely not.

The thing is, makeup is fun! I love Sephora as much as the next girly girl. I love lipsticks especially. And when we were in the Bahamas over Thanksgiving, the only souvenir I brought home was a bottle of Essie nail polish named Atlantis Pink. It's my current favorite.

Today I read about the Anti-Trust class action settlement against most major department stores. To know that department stores and designers conspired to fix prices irks me. To find out that millions of consumers will get a free product out of this makes me feel a little better.

Join me on January 20 to get your free make-up. Those eligible will be able to receive a free product valued up to $25 on a first-come, first-served basis. You won't need any receipts proving you bought the item in question. Instead you be asked to sign a form stating that you purchased one or more of the products between May 29, 1994 and July 16, 2003.

For more details including which stores are involved and what you can select for your free product check out http://www.cosmeticssettlement.com/.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Polka Dot Moon said...

Sephora is my fave! They just gave me a set of 3 lip glosses for my bday for being a "Beauty Insider" member.

Off to read the link you posted.

Neeracha T. said...

I waited for 6 mins yesterday at Neiman's in Union Square. Left with my Estee Advanced Night Repair (my mother will thank me). The gal in front of me in line had already hit Sak's, Bloomies and Macys and was thinking of making another round to get more swag. Seems like a major flaw in their distribution system...