Monday, November 24, 2008

T minus three

Thanksgiving is three days away.

I love Thanksgiving. It's my holiday, the one I always host. It's an easy one -- friends and family, football, some new recipes, some old favorites.

One of the things I like best about Thanksgiving is the eclectic group we always seem to have: former clients, friends with families elsewhere, random friends of my parents'. The more diverse the crowd, the better a time it is. The highlight of Thanksgiving is my mom's apple pie. I can make it myself but she just seems to slice the apples thinner than I can and her crust comes out flakier. I buy all the seasonal cooking magazines and read them cover to cover. Then I make the turkey I learned in a day-long course at the San Francisco Culinary Academy long before we had kids.

This will be the first year we're not doing a traditional Thanksgiving. Tomorrow we leave for Atlantis. I'm a little weirded out by this but then again, we did have a really nice 4th of July celebration in Provence last year ...

2 comments:

Amy S. said...

Not really feeling sorry for you... was I supposed to?

Polka Dot Moon said...

Sounds wonderful to me!

Happy Thanksgiving Leslie!