Sunday, October 5, 2008

The Courtesy Taste

The Courtesy Taste is the same as the No Thank You Bite. Amanda, Neeracha's nanny extraordinaire for many years, taught me this one while we were all in Tuscany together a few summers back. Every child has to try every food being served, even if their response after that is, "no thank you."

Friday night we had dinner at our neighbors. Their kids are both older and younger than ours and we love the vibe at their house. As we hung out in the kitchen before dinner I watched Dan make some sort of bizarre rice dish and I thought: not my thing. I was going to take my Courtesy Taste and be done with it. Wrong.

It turned out to be surprisingly tasty and I had two servings. I'm sharing it with you, giving full credit to him.

Brown Rice with Tomatoes and Green Beans
  • brown rice, Dan used Trader Joe's
  • green beans, steamed
  • cherry tomatoes, two colors, cut in half
  • garlic, chopped in mini food processor
  • splash balsamic vinegar
Mix all ingredients well. Serve. Invite Leslie over.

3 comments:

Paige said...

That sounds really good. Except I'm changing the name at the end when i give this recipe to someone else!

Polka Dot Moon said...

Oh yum! Sounds delish :)

Neeracha T. said...

Hey, I just happen to have a pack of that rice in my freezer - will have to try this one out.