Thursday, September 4, 2008

The Liberal Speaks

Have you noticed how much there is going on politically right now?

I generally follow the issues and vote. I don't discuss my politics that much, I just do the American thing and exercise my right to vote.

I had pretty much decided who to vote for in the presidential election until Sarah Palin's nomination came along. And then I had to research her and figure out what she would bring to the table, in addition to a set of XX chromosomes. (In case you're wondering, I'm sticking with the Obama ticket. IMHO, Governor Palin's conservative views outweigh her gender.)

And then came last night. I got home from Back to School night and played our phone messages. There was one from a woman who called to rally support for Prop 8, which is on our ballot in November. Prop 8 bans same sex marriage in California. I applaud this woman for volunteering to champion her cause. However, it's a good thing I wasn't home to receive that call as she would not have liked what I would have said. Say what you will about Gavin Newsom and his hair, the man knows his demographics.

2 comments:

Paige said...

I'm guessing it's a Mo who left you that message. Ugh.

Squirt's mom said...

My favorite comment about Sarah Palin is from David Letterman "Doesn't she just remind you of an advertisemnt for Lenscrafters?"