Sunday, August 17, 2008

Chloe's Birthday Party

Today was Chloe the dog's birthday party. I've never been to a dog's birthday party and fortunately I was not invited to this one. Thing 2 was. So off she went with my parents, wrapped Trader Joe's dog treats in hand. Apparently it was a good time with lots of people bringing their dogs, good food, and plenty of ball throwing. I was happy for the recap and for her to take a long bath when she got home.

While she made new canine friends I did one of my most favorite things -- saw a movie by myself! Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2 was playing near the party so I treated myself to some me time. It was not as good as the first movie but it was entertaining in a mindless chick flick sort of way. Incidentally, the movie was not showing in the main theatre. It was showing in a 36-seat theatre. Have you ever been in a movie theatre that small? That was an experience!

The real score of the day was my late lunch at the Alekos Cafe, adjacent to the theatre. I had a Troy Salad, which was grilled chicken atop a Greek salad. I don't often go to Orinda but will make a point of going back to this unexpected gem of a restaurant.

No comments: